We help our clients prepare for a stable retirement with reliable income that is aligned with lifestyle goals.
This involves adjusting your portfolio systematically as you near retirement, so as to prioritize wealth preservation and income generation. We also work toward long-term goals you have for estate preservation, life events or charitable giving.
In the years approaching retirement, there are so many uncertainties that it takes a personalized and comprehensive process to reach a level of clarity:
- Can we reasonably expect to maintain our standard of living throughout our retirement years?
- How soon can we afford to downsize our careers or fully retire?
- At this stage, do we have the right balance of investments?
- What assumptions are prudent to make about inflation, rate of return on investments, or longevity?
Financial Management During Retirement
Once you reach retirement, it seems there are just as many questions to answer:
- How do we generate what we need from our investment portfolio without depleting its value?
- How do we manage the required minimum distributions from our retirement accounts prior to reaching age 70 1/2?
- Which investments should I spend first in retirement – taxable or tax-deferred retirement assets?
- Do we need long-term care insurance? What are the key factors to consider?
We work with retirees to implement an investment strategy that will help supplement your retirement income, while ensuring your portfolio value keeps up with inflation. Our aim is to help ensure your present lifestyle is sustainable, through disciplined investment management, as well as guidance for key decisions such as insurance, income protection and tax mitigation.
“As you approach retirement, comprehensive planning becomes increasingly vital. A protection-based approach can help ensure you will have the resources you want in retirement, without exposing your wealth to excessive risk.” - A. Regan Washer, RFC®, Managing Partner